Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Final Blog

I am thankful to God for blessing me with an amazing, life changing trip. I am thankful to everyone who supported me with prayers, financial donations, and yard sale donations. It couldn't have happened without you all and for that I thank God for blessing me with caring people like you in my life.

It's been a very emotional summer for me. Going to Malawi really opened my eyes to what's important in life. When I came back I felt guilty for going back into my regular routine. Things that were important to me before no longer seemed to me like they should be important. I had my fantasy football draft right when I got back and I just couldn't get into it because it seemed ridiculous to me that this is what I cared about and spent my time on.

In Malawi it was all about God and people. Here it's just so different. It's weird. It was like coming back from Tijuana only times ten. My life has definitely been changed. I want to continue relations with Malawi and the Pittsburgh Presbytery Partnership team.

I also have $300 left over from all the donations that I received. I believe that I am going to put that towards pumps for irrigation of the land. Each pump is about a hundred dollars and it just seemed to me to be a very important thing over there. I'm going to have to talk to people about how to make that happen. If the money does go towards something else, I will be sure to blog about what it is being put towards.

Blessings to you all,

Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment