Tuesday, September 15, 2009

August 11, 2009

This morning I led a devotion for like ten people from the Malawi partnership team. It was about Paul and Silas in prison praising God and saving the jailers life.

After that we went to an orphanage called Chifundo 3. It was sad to see them all (about 20-30 of them) but it was good to see all the hard work the volunteers were putting in to the children.

It was now finally time for me to go on my own for six days at Chilumba. I was nervous and excited. When I got to Chilumba, everyone was singing for me. Which is hard to get used to. I met Sydney and Joseph. They were in their 20s and were part of the youth there. I would be hanging out with them most of the time. They showed me around the village which had a lot of very poor sections. There was also some commotion at this Satanist house which had like killed some people. So we avoided that place.

After that we went to the church for a youth meeting. Andrew was there (the man I met at Grace Bandawe) He pulled me aside and asked if I could do him an honor. I said sure. He said that he had a baby girl 2 weeks ago and that he wanted me to name her. I was very shocked and after a little while I agreed and told him that I would think about the name.

We had a huge dinner where I was treated like royalty. It's a very strange feeling. Had some food, gave a speech, and met a lot of people.

That night I stayed with my first host family. The husband and wife were Amos and Ndiu (which she said was pronounced Deuce-a), their two kids Glady and Levi, and their nephew William.

No comments:

Post a Comment