Tuesday, September 22, 2009

August 16, 2009

Church was this morning and it was 5 hours long. It really didn't seem that long. Lots of singing and dancing. Lots of speeches. Another church was there visiting. So gift exchanges with them, gift exhcanges with me. A lot going on. I really liked the service, but I had a hard time following the sermon because Sidney was just trying to translate the general idea to me.

Lunch was at the manse. I saw the brick from Heritage and a tree that the Fishers planted ten years ago or so.

Then there was a festival at the church. Youth choirs singing to raise money. They made $15,500 Kwatcha. I think. I got to talk to a lot of different youth here. They finally got up the courage to speak to me. So that was cool. I wish that would have happened earleir.

After the festival, we had a blackout. Power went out finally. They say it happens everyday, but this is the first time for me. It was out for about an hour.

Dinner was at Ellen's with Sidney and Joseph. Very relaxing. After dinner, I gave the three of them gifts. I also gave a gift to Ivy(Ellen's niece who never hangs out with us) and Samuel(Ellen's servant).

No comments:

Post a Comment