Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 8, 2009

We had a 2 hour flight to Malawi today which seemed like nothing to me because of my last flight of about 18 hours. When we landed was when it really hit me that I was in Africa. Lots of dirt with a few little houses and huts all spread out upon landing.

When we landed there were about 200 people or more there to greet us. Everybody was singing and dancing. It was crazy. I met Ellen who was from Chilumba (Heritage's sister church) and she said that I would be staying in her house and another families house for 3 days each.

We then went to Grace Bandawe, the hotel we were staying at for 3 days. It was pretty nice. Nicer accomodations than I thought I would be getting. I have my own room and I share a bathroom with whoever is staying on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment