Tuesday, September 22, 2009

August 15, 2009

I decided to sleep in a half hour this morning since everything is always on Malawi time anyway. Turned out that breakfast was gonna be 30 minutes late so I was perfect.

Today I didn't do anything. I talked to Ellen for two hours, which was nice, and I watch TV with Joseph all day. He is obsessed with Emmanuel TV and this guy called Prophet T.B. Joshua. Really interesting guy. Heals people, predicts future events, and exorcizes demons. All on TV. Of course I'm always a little skeptical about those kinds of things, but who knows. It could have been real I suppose.

So after a very relaxing day, we went to zonal prayers at BCA or BAC. I have a hard time with all of these zones. We took a mini bus to get there. That was interesting. We got off at this bus transfer place, which was insane. Just buses everywhere. And we had a hard time finding the one we needed to be on.

We got to the zonal prayer and there were like 30 people there. We sang, I gave the Paul and Silas talk again, and we prayed. It was like a mini church service. It's amazing to see how dedicated everybody is to praising God and learn more about Him here. It really puts American Christianity to shame.

Then another big dinner at another zone. Chilumba A or B. I can't remember. I gave a sermon at this dinner about the fruit of the spirit. It went well. It's weird preaching with a translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment