Tuesday, September 22, 2009

August 19, 2009

Went to the airport this morning at 10 AM. We checked our bags and stuff and I found Joseph, Sidney, Jen, and Robin(A guy that I hadn't met yet). I talked to them for an hour or so then we had a big circle prayer and I said my goodbyes. It was sad. Definitely a mixed feeling though because I'm super excited to get home at the same time.

We had a short flight(2 hours) to Joburg. When we landed we had to rush through the airport to catch our next flight. We got to the gate and there was a huge line so we were fine.

I sat next to Jennifer which was fun. We played a lot of Yahtzee and kept stats. Gary got in on it a little bit too. I am the champion of Yahtzee over the Atlantic Ocean. I can tell you that much. I also watched The Day After Tomorrow and Garden State. I'm trying to stay up super late to get back on American time.

Tried to sleep after Dakar but it just didn't go so well. Maybe slept 4 hours if I was lucky. Had an Ambien and a glass of wine to knock me out. I don't recommend that. I was a little messed up and I didn't even really sleep. Ambien knocks you out, but if you get woken up it doesn't help that.

Had a beer and French toast for breakfast in D.C. My luggage never made it out of Joburg so that's pretty poopie to say the least. I was upset, but what can you do? Beth picked me up at the airport. It was great to see her again. Had dinner with her, my mom, and Rob. Told all my stories and showed them all my pictures. After that I went to see my dad at work.

I'm exhausted and I need to sleep. It's good to be back, but weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment